Friday, January 14, 2011

Look!

We spent our Thursday in 75 degree weather wandering around the San Diego Zoo. For the most part it was pretty relaxed, we just had a sheet we needed to fill out as we went around. We got points for however many of the tasks we completed, such as "take a picture of _____" or "what is the only other mammal besides the platypus that lays eggs?"  Turns out we did pretty well....good enough for first place!!! There is not a lot that can be said about the zoo, it is better seen in pictures. Those will be up soon enough, as Scott does that stuff and I don't.








After the zoo we went to the Point Loma hostel, which turns out is pretty nice. We had a great time meeting people, grilling burgers, and just hanging out last night. Oh, and we saw a beautiful sunset on the Pacific Ocean! We plan to leave here in about a half hour and head to LA, but on the way we will stop at the tide pools and probably see some really cool things.

These are our Point Loma sunset pics!




Scott and I are having a great time on this trip and learning lots about ourselves. One of our favorite things we have learned is that even though during the race we have different ideas and seem to always end up upset at each other, it really is not a big deal...we are realizing our friendship is bigger than that, and can stand disagreements. One thing I have learned about myself is that I love routine. Not to say I am not having fun....in fact, I am loving every minute of this trip and I'd do it again in a heart beat. It is just that I am out of my comfort zone, never knowing what is coming next....something that I am not familiar with. I love routine and knowing what is happening, so this is a good experience for me and I am loving it.

Pictures to come soon, have a great day!

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment